Because of our extensive experience with Livelink customers over the years we have a strong knowledge base on how to implement Livelink for various environments. We have completed extensive validation projects for many of our customers. Performance tuning and system architecture have been a big issue for our customers as their systems grow over the years. The experience gained in identifying bottlenecks and performance problems is invaluable when analyzing new implementations and configurations. Our work with large-scale enterprise customers requires careful performance analysis before projects can be released to production. The use of tools used to simulate web user access has proven very valuable in determining how new systems can scale. Although Livelink is a seemingly simple application from a high-level there are many complexities underneath that must be understood before a system can be implemented for maximum throughput.
Syntergy's many years of working with these complexities gives a unique ability to perform architecture analysis, design, implementation and validation.
The typical steps in an architecture analysis are:
- Review and Validate Current Software Architecture Specification
- Design Production Architecture
- Design Production Storage Solution
The typical steps in a performance analysis are:
- Onsite review of the Livelink installation
- Review of the Livelink Hardware and Software Configurations
- Review of the Livelink user and group structures
- Review of the Livelink permissions model implemented
- Review of the Livelink hierarchical structure including types of objects used for container storage and configuration of containers
- Conduct interviews with key personnel including Livelink Administrators, DBAs and Network and Server support personnel
- Gather preliminary metrics on network response time, server performance, web server response time, database response, Livelink timings, browser rendering times and client machine performances as needed
The objectives of the performance analysis are:
- Identify probable system factors for performance problems
- Identify steps to improve Livelink performance
- Recommend specific hardware changes to improve performance
- Recommend specific software changes to improve performance
- Recommend specific data changes to improve performance
- Provide a report of analysis, recommendations and ongoing maintenance
Improving the performance of your Livelink system has many benefits including cost savings on hardware and increased usage from satisfied users. Syntergy has many years of experience analyzing and tuning Livelink/ECM implementations. We can help your organization optimize your system and generate better ROI.